Friday, October 21, 2011

Meet our New Economic Development Director!

Hi there Chamber Blog readers,

My name is Eleanor Hollander and I just started as the Economic Development Director at the Oakland Chamber. I recently moved to the Bay Area from Chicago, where I was working as the manager for a large multi-neighborhood special service area (similar to Oakland’s business improvement districts). My background is in city planning and I am very much looking forward to getting to know Oakland. So far, I have found everyone that I have met here to be kind and generous with both their time and information. This really is the ‘bright side of the bay!’

Last week, we had a great Economic Development Forum meeting that was planned by my colleagues and committee chairs. Three excellent presenters shared their time with us. They included:

  • Jim Falaschi, Chairman of Transbay Holdings, who gave an update on the leasing and development progress in Jack London Square
  • Debbie Hauser the Executive Director of the Airport Area Business Association (AABA) described the AABA’s progress in developing a BID in the airport area.
  • Chris Jackson, Executive Director of the Rockridge Business Improvement District described how his organization has helped their merchant members promote their businesses in a number of ways from organizing street fairs and engaging in marketing efforts, to interfacing with local schools.
Next month, on November 9 at 3pm, the Economic Development Forum will cover the Measure B Reauthorization and the Gateway Park Project development at the base of the east span of the Bay Bridge. Please join us!

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home