Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Chamber Member Spotlight: Skin Deep Professionals - Do real men wax?


Do Real Men Wax?By Debbie Spalla of Skin Deep Professionals
The short answer is: Yes, of course! They just don't talk about it as much as women. What are the common things men wax you might wonder? The most common are unibrows, ears and nose hairs. Ouch?!

Here's the painful truth about that. The unibrow is not so bad, the nose really doesn't hurt at all and the ears hurt according to my clientele. Surprised me too. Especially the nose. I was convinced that the nose must hurt a lot. It doesn't. My clients (men and women) told me it doesnt and I finally tried it. Nope it doesn't hurt.

Why am I telling you all of this? Because men don't talk about it and everyone (including them) would like to know more. Since I have been in this business for a long time, I know a lot.

What else do they wax? The most common are backs, chest, feet, shoulders, adam's apple. Why?

Eyebrows? Usually to fix a unibrow and sometimes a trim. Just clean it up. I personally like a man's brow to stay very masculine but groomed is great. You don't want to look like the guy on 60 Minutes! Also, I am told by my clients in the military they are not allowed to have a unibrow so they must wax, shave or tweeze. I don't know if its true but good grooming is good grooming.

Backs? Too much hair usually. Police remove it because of ingrowns with bullet proof vests. Girlfriends don't like it depending upon which generation you belong to. Guys don't like it.

Chest? They simply don't like it or its all white and is "blinding everyone in Hawaii" once they hit the beach.

Feet? "They look like Hobbit feet" with that much hair.

Shoulders? Usually its part of a back wax. If back is really hairy it just continues on down the shoulders into the arms and hands. Just too much hair.

Adam's Apple? If it protrudes prominently it can be difficult to shave and waxing is easier and lasts longer.

Noses? Looks really bad if you have a lot of hair protruding out the bottom of the nostril. Much better than clipping. Doesn't hurt and it stays gone much longer. Legs? Mostly for athletic reasons, swimming, biking (tape) and sometimes just because they like it. I don't ask.

Ears? Looks really bad. The barber can clean it up but it comes back really fast. Same as the nose, its gone, stays gone much longer. Looks really clean.

Thought you might like to know.  

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home